Job type: Full-time
Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Coordinator to join the team based in Chirk, North Wales. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent position and will receive a competitive salary.
We are the world’s leading manufacturer of wood-based panel products. A strong, privately-owned low-cost producer, employing 14,000 across 40+ sites globally.
Responsibilities of the Quality Coordinator:
- To manage all quality systems & technical standard conformity, quality critical customers and the laboratory function and personnel.
- Ensure the company's Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001 and regulatory / legal requirements.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports for senior management.
- Develop the site quality management system, ISO9001.
- Ensure the company's processes meet national / international standards.
- Analyse the process and identify ways of improving efficiencies.
- Ensure quality procedures and being followed. Identify weaknesses and implement improvements.
- Review existing policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization's products.
- Train and manage a team of laboratory technicians.
Requirements of the Quality Coordinator:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Preferably a degree in Quality Controlling/Chemistry area, potentially open to a fresh graduate trainee
- Ability to take a concept through to a targeted conclusion.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the company.
- Good understanding of QS 9000 / ISO14001
- Ability to coach people in new techniques
- Good understanding of company / customer procedures and their auditing.
- Conversant with Quality Tools and Techniques
- Ability to identify new initiates and apply them.
- Ability to work as a Team player.
Benefits of becoming the Quality Coordinator:
- Attractive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Quality Coordinator, then please apply now!