Fostering - Registered Manager
Location: Cardiff, Office based
Salary: Circa £55,000 - £69,000 (Inc Car Allowance)
Hours: Full-time, Permanent. 37.5hrs per week
25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
About the Group
The National Fostering Group is the UK’s largest independent Fostering Agency.
Our highly skilled and dedicated fostering community supports Local Authorities by providing short or long-term foster placements for thousands of vulnerable children and teenagers throughout the UK. 100% of our 28 regional fostering agencies officially recognised either ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by Ofsted, and have received excellent ratings from Care Inspectorate Wales and Scottish Regulators; Not surprising that more people choose to foster with our fostering agencies than any other fostering provider in the UK.
About the Registered Manager Role
As Registered Manager you will be accountable for providing vision and leadership to teams within NFA Wales. The successful candidate will promote NFA Wales and follow relevant guidelines ensuring the team remain compliant with legislation and regulations. You will also manage all budgets and drive financial performance
Reporting the Regional Director, the Registered Manager will be the line manager for Team Managers and lead a team of staff including social workers and admins to ensure they have the support they need for effective team working and development. This team are responsible for Fostering Families and Looked After Children. You will seek opportunities for improvement, business growth and maintain key links within Local Authorities.
There is the potential some Home Working but the post holder will need to maintain a physical presence in the Cardiff Office so this role must be considered primarily office based.
- Monitoring and ensure full compliance with CIW regulations and standards to ensure excellent outcomes for children and young people and excellent grades from the regulatory bodies.
- Ensure there is provision of 24 hour professional support for foster carers and that an effective out of hours placement service is available for customers
- Ensures any matters concerning child protection are dealt with in accord with government guidelines and company policy
- Operational Management of a significant team of supervising Social workers, Team Managers, Carer recruitment officers, support staff.
- Significant budget holding responsibilities
- Safeguarding - Accordance with government and regulatory guidelines and company policy.
- Recruiting, Induction and Retention of Staff.
- Developing new business and fostering resources within the area where the agency operates.
- Recruitment and retention of Foster Carers
- Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) – Ensure the service meeting all the regulatory requirements, and to manage and develop the service day to day.
- Ensure that company policies, procedures and directives are communicated and adhered to
- To monitor the recruitment and approval of; staff, foster carers, panel members and SSW's consistent with current regulations.
- Stakeholder Management & Commercial awareness - Develop and grow the service by building strong relationships with local authorities
Requirements for the Registered Manager Role
There is significant line management and budgetary holding responsibility. You will need to have worked at least in a Fostering Team Managers role, or as Head of Service within a Local Authority managing significant numbers of Looked After Children (LAC)
- A track record managing cultural and organisational change management
- Have Operational Management experience managing large numbers of Fostering Families and Looked After Children.
- Be a qualified social worker
- Possession of or a willingness to work towards a level 4 Leadership and Management for Care Services and Health and Social Care (achieved before January 2011), OR;
- Possession of or a willingness to work towards a level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (achieved after January 2011)
- Experience supervising and managing professional staff
- Proven experience of managing budgets
If you feel you are suitable for the Registered Manager position, please apply now, where you will be taken through to our external site to apply.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.