Bookkeeper & Property Management Assistant
Locations: Shrewsbury, SY2 6FG
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
About the Company:
Our client is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices, based in Shropshire, Herefordshire, Oxfordshire, and Northamptonshire. The firm has a strong reputation for providing high quality professional advice.
They are a forward-thinking business and our current size and level of success could not have been achieved without dedicated and satisfied staff. This is an exciting time to join an established and diverse business in a specialist area of practice, to meet the demand from a growing client base.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Shrewsbury team as a Bookkeeper/Administrator. This is a new role that will offer book-keeping services to our clients and will also be required to provide support to our RICS Client Account Manager and to the Head of Property Management.
Bookkeeper & Property Management Assistant Responsibilities:
- Processing of sales & purchase invoices
- Dealing with matters arising from invoices
- Managing business and estate accounts and producing rent demands and reporting to the surveyors
- VAT and payroll processing
- Making BACS payments
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly reports
- Administrative support to the Head of Property Management, dealing with day to day management of property, including handling rent/service charge demands, arrears, record keeping and liaison with contractors
- Working with the property management system
Bookkeeper & Property Management Assistant Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be flexible, with a can-do attitude and have an AAT in Bookkeeping:
- AAT Qualified to at least AATQB level, with knowledge of accounting procedures and practical experience
- Strong IT capability including Word and Excel to an intermediate level and some experience of Accu-man (previously Hylton Nomis), Sage or equivalent accounts, rents and payroll packages useful
- Experience of VAT partial exemption would be an advantage
- A practical understanding of property, land, business and agriculture
- Ability and confidence in dealing with clients in a professional manner with an excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently and use initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to maintain records
- Own transport with insurance for business
Bookkeeper & Property Management Assistant Benefits:
The roles sit within friendly and supportive teams with opportunities to develop the role. They place a great deal of importance on development and training.
- They will offer an excellent salary for the right candidate reflective of your skills, qualifications and experience
- They operate a discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing Scheme in which all employees participate
- They will pay all the appropriate professional memberships and fund your attendance at relevant CPD events
- They have an Employee Assistance Programme, including a health plan and annual flu jab vouchers
- There is also the option to join a Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis
- They provide an entitlement of 33 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays plus your Birthday off
- They also provide an additional day’s holiday for every 3 years of service and time off for approved training
- They provide a workplace pension scheme operated through The National Employment Savings Trust (NEST)
If you think that you are suitable for this Bookkeeper & Property Management Assistant role, please apply now!