Location: Primarily based in Knowle but may be required to travel to other branch offices (Wolverhampton (HQ) and Waltham Cross) as and when required
Salary: £40,000- £45,000
Working hours: 40 hours per week between Monday – Friday (9.00-17.30)
Our client is an established practice based in the West Midlands providing legal services since 1986. The business was recently converted into an alternative business structure (ABS) and launched its national consumer brand. This has resulted in a fantastic new opportunity to work alongside an energetic team within a growing industry.
The Branch Solicitor Role:
Away from the limitations of traditional firms, the right candidate will find this is their turn to shine!. This is an opportunity for a self-starter to dazzle and help to lead the firm through an ambitious growth phase.
They are looking to hire a self-sufficient, enthusiastic individual to head up their branch in Solihull and work alongside other senior solicitors and experienced legal professionals. They are looking for an individual who has 5 or more years’ experience in the field of; litigation, family and private client department acting on behalf of individuals or businesses small and large.
Your role would require hands on working with local and national clients as you will be the face within the local community for the brand, providing excellent customer service and legal advice.
There is huge potential to develop and grow within this environment, where your perspective matters and you are no longer viewed as merely a cog in a wheel.
It’s time to break away, press reset and seize the chance to be part of a refreshing culture with a clear vision for future growth.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Managing your own case load
- Independent and able to run a small office with support of a strong legal assistant
- Assisting other solicitors, legal directors, and partners on larger more complex cases
- Experience of undertaking a large workload
- Drafting and producing legal documentation and standard forms
- Taking responsibility for every case you are assigned and ensuring all relevant parties are kept informed
- Assessing relevant documentation as part of each case
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency, content and ensuring documents are compliant with the relevant protocols
- Creating bundles for trial
- Liaising with relevant parties and the Court
- Deliver excellent service to all your key clients and provide sound advice upon an array of matters
- Assisting other employees on legal and litigation matters
- Actively engage in business development activities
- Reviewing current procedures and looking for improvements
- Preparing monthly management reports
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines particularly at month end and financial year end
- Promoting a team-working environment and a professional, efficient service to all clients
- Managing and ensuring that deadlines are met
- Any additional tasks as required by the business
Branch Solicitor Requirements
They have created a working environment where your personal experience is as highly valued as your professional expertise; where your ideas and your thinking are rewarded, not just your results. Above all, this is somewhere exceptional people can excel and help others do the same.
- Experience with a minimum of 5 years PQE in addition to experience within the private client sector
- Experience of leading and motivating a team
- Experience of using legal accounting software
- Experience of reporting MI to senior management and partners
- Experience of developing processes and procedures
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Good understanding of IT and tech savy
- A positive, enthusiastic, and proactive approach to your work
- Effective personal, organisational and time management skills, and the ability to juggle multiple demands
- The ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- The aptitude to work efficiently and effectively to progress your case load whilst maintaining the highest quality of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good rapport with all internal and external clients
- Resilient and Attentive
- Professional, driven and highly motivated
- Must have excellent organisation, communication and typing skills
- A methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Ability to respect confidentiality of work carried out
If you feel you are suitable for this Branch Solicitor role then apply today.