Location: Waltham Cross
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 40 hours Monday – Friday, 9:00-17:30
About the Company:
Our client is a well renowned and established Consumer legal practice based in UK, It will soon be a part of a large and diverse group of businesses that operate across many separate sectors including media, financial services, legal and software development. With offices in London, The Midlands, Wales and The North of England, the combined businesses employ over 450 employees, that are focussed in providing their customers with high quality products and services, that are backed up with rigorous customer service and care.
They are looking for an aspirational individual who would bring in array of new ideas and embrace lean process methodology and automation.
In this role, you'll specialise in property law and will work on behalf of clients buying or selling property (houses, flats, business premises or land) in England and Wales. You'll deal with all legal matters, administration, finance and queries involved in a property transaction.
Licensed Conveyancer Responsibilities:
- Research information and communicate with clients and others in person, on the phone, by letter or by email
- Use a computerised case management system, as conveyancing tasks are increasingly being completed online
- Take instructions from clients
- Seek to protect clients' interests at all times, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering
- Send terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements
- Obtain or check Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered)
- Draft or check sales contracts and agree terms with the conveyancer acting for the other party to the transaction
- Collate and send or check supporting legal and financial documents
- Deal with all financial aspects of a transaction
- Exchange contracts and complete the transaction
- If the property is leasehold, obtain the landlord's agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage and deal with apportionments of rent and service charges.
- Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs
- Receive and check mortgage instructions from lenders and undertake specific tasks required
- Prepare transfer and mortgage deeds
- Receive mortgage funds
- Pay stamp taxes and deal with the registration of client and lender with the Land Registry.
Licenced Conveyancer Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be qualified Solicitor/Legal Exec/Conveyancer with at least 3 years' PQE and should be confident in handling all aspects of transactions.
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to your work
- Effective personal, organisational and time management skills, and the ability to juggle multiple demands
- The ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- The aptitude to work efficiently and effectively to progress your case load whilst maintaining the highest quality of work
- Solid experience in residential and commercial property matters is essential
They’ve created a working environment where your personal experience is as highly valued as your professional expertise; where your ideas and your thinking are rewarded, not just your results. Above all, this is somewhere exceptional people can excel and help others do the same. They are looking for:
- Professional, driven and highly motivated candidates
- A good sense of humour is a must!
Licensed Conveyancer Benefits:
- A competitive basic salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- 20 days holiday per annum
- A comprehensive training program
- Fun and friendly environment
If you think that you are suitable for this Licenced Conveyancer role, please apply now!