Our client is a large-scale architectural metalwork supplier.
A position has become available for a Workshop Foreman in their Assembly Unit.
To supervise the completion of works orders in the factory and yard area, ensuring works are completed on time and to the standard. Provide support and guidance to other employees/ including the training of new employees on all aspects of the welding fabrication process, specifically safe systems of work, in order that the operation is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers, reviewing performance and identifying training needs
- Developing and clearly communicating the manufacturing plan to the team, encompassing what needs to be carried out, explaining why, by when and by whom
- Create a culture of ownership within each team, with the goal of each area being self-managed
- Plan, co-ordinate and review the progress of the programme, taking any necessary corrective action to meet, and where possible, exceed the expectations of the client
- Implementing quality-control programmes
- Arrange and organise deliveries to site, including fixings
- Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers and site
- Manage the workshop and yard issues ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed, keeping the work areas free of hazards as per the company's health and safety policy taking the lead in managing the site's standards
- Work with Team leaders in formulating and improving the approach to maintenance activities, selecting and managing relevant suppliers and provide input when new equipment is to be delivered and maintained
- FLT Operation and fork lift logs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar position
- Proven skills in welding and fabrication environment
- Good IT skills
- Fork Lift Licence
- H&S qualification
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.