£35,000 - £35,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- Hayes
Monday, May 10, 2021
Our Client is looking for their next Operations Supervisor in Hayes!
Our client is an established family owned business and leading supplier to UK retailers and the food service and wholesale sectors, they specialise in the supply and delivery of fresh exotic fruit and speciality vegetables. Our client is a grower, importer and marketing business with a heritage in subtropical produce meaning that they can offer a diverse choice of employment opportunities to match your ambitions.
Salary: up to £35k DOE.
Hours: Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday, 7am – 5pm
You will provide overall effective operations supervisory management ensuring that all aspects of the operations from goods intake to final dispatch and productions are carried out efficiently and accurately driving productivity without compromise to quality, efficiency, safety, legality and value.
Operations Supervisor Duties:
- Overall supervisory management responsibility for operational output, strict adherence to systems and processes, and effective resource management.
- Supervise LEAN manufacturing practices and effective production planning to ensure on time delivery in full.
- Create a plan to deliver Standard Operating Procedures for all tasks, including training of the SOP’s/ SWI’s.
- Ensure efficient operations process flow from intake to final dispatch, Leads and develops their team.
- Ensure liaison with other sites and service providers to coordinate incoming and outgoing logistics and volumes.
- Liaise with procurement, logistics, planning, stock control and sales teams to ensure the ongoing efficiency of the site operations.
- Analyse process efficiency and performance, implementing agreed improvements and controls as appropriate.
- Ensure that all information required for effective electronic data capture is accurately inputted and communicated.
- Staff Planning, manage labour & material variances to deliver improvement over and above target
- Agree, set and manage KPI’s for direct reports which will include all aspects of job descriptions.
- Set and manage direct report Performance Development Reviews.
- Manage holidays, absence and capability for direct reports.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings ensuring that issues are formally raised, assigned, communicated and actioned.
- Compile and communicate KPI data for operational output to include all aspects of performance and costings.
- Participate in internal audits of the site working closely with Technical and QC function to ensure that any nonconformance is assigned, actioned and managed.
- Participate in the site H & S team and HACCP team taking responsibility for all operational prerequisites.
- Participate in customer operations visits representing the business
- Day to day the Fire Marshall and First Aider responsibilities to ensure the safe working environment.
Operations Supervisor Requirements:
- Previous experience within a food productions and warehouse environment in a FMCG supervisory capacity is essential.
- Working within the Fresh produce production environment is desirable.
- An understanding of the supply chain for fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Experience of the Prophet data input system is desirable
- Computer literate to a high standard with particular requirements for MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of the requirements and demands of retail customers.
- Participation in H & S and HACCP teams.
- Food safety level 2 or above desirable
- Educated to national QCF level 4 in an academic or relevant vocational qualification.
- Work within the company’s rules and policies, introducing procedures where appropriate in conjunction with technical documentation requirements.
- Adhere to the health and safety policy of the company and work within it’s guidelines to ensure personal safety of staff at all times.
If you are looking for an Operations Supervisor role, apply now!