IT Support Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany, and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
Purpose of the IT Support Engineer
Based in our Watford office, the IT Support Engineer will have demonstrable experience in providing hands-on Second and Third-line support to users of a predominately Microsoft based environment.
The IT Department is expanding its role to support the rapidly growing global business. At the same time, we are beginning to realise our Cloud adoption strategy. This is an exciting time of change to join the company and for the right person will present a unique challenging opportunity.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer:
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and support to First & Second-Line support engineers.
- Be the escalation point for any tickets that cannot be handled at more junior levels.
- Maintain and ensure system availability as per agreed SLAs.
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage and communicate problem status to users.
- Strong business engagement and customer management.
- Record, prioritise and manage all requests and incidents reported.
- Maintain documentation with incremental updates and process changes.
- Create end user guides.
- Assist with the effective planning and development of the IT infrastructure.
Requirements of the IT Support Engineer:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT support roles.
- Expert knowledge in a range of the following: Microsoft Server operating systems, Office 2010 – 2016, Windows 7 – 10, Office365, Active Directory, Domains, Forests and Group Policy.
- Strong knowledge of VMware ESXi
- Strong networking knowledge switch/router/firewall ideally using Cisco technologies.
- Excellent telephone manner and client facing experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Solid planning and organisational skills.
- Logical approach to problem solving with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about emerging IT technologies.
- Willing to participate in an on-call service
- Willing to work additional or odd hours as required to get the job done
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field or demonstratable experience.
- Certification in Cisco (CCNA or equivalent).
- Certification in Microsoft (MCSE or equivalent).
- Strong PowerShell knowledge.
- Azure and/or cloud technologies. Especially migration programmes.
- Knowledge of Datto products such as Datto Backup, Backupify, or Datto RMM would be an advantage.
- Any other languages spoken, especially western European.
- Worked in a global environment.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the IT Support Engineer, then please apply now!