Circa £40,000 per annum, depending on experience + profit share
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Cambridgeshire -- Cambridge
Thursday, February 13, 2020
Software Development Engineer
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum, depending on experience + profit share
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
About the Company:
Cambustion’s scientific instrumentation products are sold globally. Key markets include China, USA and Europe, with 85% of sales outside the UK. The customer base includes a broad mix of industry, university and government research institutions. Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, the company is privately owned, with over 30 years of steady growth. We invest heavily in R&D and continue to develop new and existing product ranges.
Software Development Engineer Requirements:
- Experience within a small multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists, developing and maintaining software and tools supplied with their products
- Commercial object-orientated multi-threaded programming competence in C++ and C#
- User interface design and development experience
- Version control competence using Git.
- Experience with comms programming using a variety of protocols including Ethernet
- Ability to document code design clearly
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Electron, Python, LabView.
- Writing code to run measurement systems and instrumentation
- Experience of interfacing with hardware
- Programming embedded systems (including real-time)
- A flexible approach to changing requirements
- Creating software specifications from real-world user requirements
Software Development Engineer Benefits:
- 25 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- Income protection insurance
- Death in service benefit
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you think that you are suitable for this Software Development Engineer role, please apply now!