QA Tester (EV/QAT)
£50,000 - £50,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- London
Thursday, February 13, 2020
QA Tester (FTSE100 Client)
Location: Central London (W1G – zone 1)
Start date: Immediate
Role type: 12-month FTC Contract
Salary: £50K + 10-15% Bonus + 15% Pension + Medical & Life Assurance Insurance + 25 days Holiday
Our client is an award winning & thriving international Plc organisation based in the West-End of Central London who require a QA Tester for the end to end testing of multiple business systems. Based in their prestigious UK HQ this exciting opportunity requires exceptional candidates who possess the requisite level of communication skills.
The Role as QA Tester:
Duties as follows;
- To plan, organise and carrying out software testing in view of releasing quality software meeting user requirements. A high degree of test automation is being implemented within the product team and hence use of automated test technologies is of highest importance.
- Utilise test automation tools and generate scripts in them for functional testing, non-functional testing, load testing and security vulnerability analysis
- Conduct verification including functional, incremental system, end-to- end, integrations and regression types.
- Execute the functional, end to end and user acceptance testing stages of testing of the core finance solution, its interfaces to other applications and the new reporting solution
- Analysis and contribution to technical test approach.
- Create and execute test cases
- Document and communicate procedures for recording issues encountered during testing, to ensure that the issues and circumstances in which the issues arise are adequately reported, that appropriate supporting evidence is provided, and that relevant priorities are assigned
- Work with testing participants from within and external to the organisation and with the application and technical consultants to ensure that the outcomes from testing are fully understood, and to ensure that the downstream outcomes which might not be immediately visible to participants are also understood and correct
- Participate in reviews, scrums and group meetings to identify area of improvement
The QA Tester Candidate:
In addition to excellent communication, collaboration and people skills, you should possess very good organisational skills, be a pragmatic person and highly focused on deliveries and process efficiencies and have the ability to work under pressure.
- 5 years+ experience in a similar role
- Extensive Database testing experience (SQL, Oracle)
- Extensive API testing experience (REST, SOAP, Postman)
- Significant experience with Manual & Test Automation tools
- Extensive experience with test case development and execution.
- Various Test Professional Qualifications such as ISEB, preferable but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to produce project documentation and reporting
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, with a variety of technical and non-technical staff.
- Knowledge in testing web, cloud services and custom development
- An understanding of Testing Methodology and processes with working experience in Agile methodology
- The ability to interact appropriately with departmental officers, vendor personnel and fellow team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight project time frames
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the QA Tester, then please apply now!
For further details please download the job description below: