Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Role Grade: 3C
About the Company:
Our client is a fast-growing technology business with offices located across the UK. Their aim is to provide high quality business solutions tailored to individual customer requirements.
They are passionate about their employees and looking for highly motivated individuals that want to carve a successful career with them.
They are looking to hire an experienced Workshop & Installation Engineer to join them at their site in Pocklington.
You must be an enthusiastic worker with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude. You will be expected to assist with coordinating the daily warehousing activities and to provide installation, maintenance, and technical support for the company's product.
To be successful in this role, you must have previous workshop experience as well as be competent working on multi-functional devices (copiers/printers). Reporting to the Warehouse & Logistics Manager, the job-holder’s primary tasks and responsibilities are to provide workshop and maintenance support as part of the services team.
This is a warehouse-based role requiring occasional travel across the York/Leeds/Hull/Barnsley/Sheffield/Wakefield areas.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help prepare new machines for delivery
- Undertake device strip-down and removal of parts/boards for further use
- Undertake fault-finding to assist field-based engineers
- Salvage parts and consumables for refurbishment
- Responsible for monitoring stock and goods in/out
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate stock inventory
- Responsible for organising the Workshop depending on its stock
- Support engineers on a daily basis assisting them to fulfil their duties
- Undertaken device collection and installation at client premises. This will require driving a company vehicle.
- Assist engineers in the field by couriering parts to the location (where necessary)
- Device collection/delivery to UC offices
- Urgent Toner delivery and collection
- Conduct client ‘site surveys’ using the forms provided, measure, check access, clearance for delivery of equipment and any issues arising prior to delivery.
- Feedback any issues arising to the logistics manager for resolution before delivery. Photographs are to be taken to provide evidence and filed with the site survey
Health & Safety
- To meet all Site Health and Safety requirements and documentation required
- Responsible for always wearing the correct PPE
- Ensure that the Workshop is clean and tidy at all times and that waste packaging is removed and disposed of safely, in line with Health and safety guidance
- Pass a criminal background check
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job as detailed by the line manager
- Proven work experience in a Workshop setting
- Experience of working on copiers / printers / multi-functional devices - including service, repairing and installations
- Knowledge of Workshop software and MS Office packages
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Knowledge of Health and Safety guidelines
- Knowledge of query resolution processes
- Delivery Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)Full and clean driving license
- Forklift license (desirable)
- Manual handling
- Team player
- Competent use of stair-walker
- Customer care,
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail,
- Working to deadlines
- Flexible to service demands
- 23 days (rising by 1 day per year to a maximum of 28 days), plus bank holidays
- Car allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Death in Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Voucher & discount hub